Corporate Aircraft Painter
Corporate Aircraft Painter - TeamGlobal now offers a 401(k) plan with matching funds on all positions. Our client is looking for experienced aircraft painters who have experience with the complete paint procedure from sanding, masking, painting, and detailing. For full details please read on.
* Safely perform aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under minimal supervision. * Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
* Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as dual action sanders, hydraulic lift platforms and paint sprayers. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
* Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required.
* Comply with safety rules and procedures and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
* Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
* Assist with aircraft movement in hangars.
* Offer continuous improvement ideas/participate in continuous improvement activities.
* Perform other duties as required.
* High school diploma/GED.
* Valid Drivers License required.
* Two (2) years experience in related paint processes. Aircraft industry experience preferred.
* A working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Able to use tools and equipment associated with the aircraft painting process.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
* Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
* Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
* Must be computer literate.