Network Planning Engineer, Specialist (Level 3)
ENG-18138 - TeamGlobal now offers a 401(k) plan with matching funds on all positions. We are recruiting for a Network Engineer who can conducts network architecture design, feasibility and modeling. Designs, analyzes, plans, and modifies network components and/or software by translating customer requirements and objectives into final product design. For Further details please read on.
* Conduct network architecture design, feasibility and modeling. Designs, analyzes, plans, and modifies network components and/or software by translating customer requirements and objectives into final product design
* Develop and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods. Prepares the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
* Lead the development of mission-critical, near-real-time, military/intelligence networks ranging from the tactical edge to strategic core
* Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, formal validation, and fielding support.
* Decompose high-level business and system requirements into smaller detailed tasks to facilitate low-level network design. Interpret, Allocate, and Derive project requirements into design specifications.
* Perform Requirements Analysis using DOORS, UML, Model-Based Systems Engineering, and other system engineering practices.
* Research, design, and test complex wide-area computer networks to include both hardware and software. Hardware includes, but is not limited to, routers, switches, servers, inline encryptors, and modems.
* Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
* Participate on design teams for computing infrastructure, primarily as a computer network designer or architect.
* Participate in product selection, recommendation, design, deployment, integration and test.
* Investigate, develop and design the network architecture and assist the software application and development effort as it relates to the computing architecture.
* Configure Cisco Switches, Network Test, Network Security, Network Analyzer, Network Management systems
* Provide technical support to the Manufacturing Floor during first article fabrication, engineering change incorporation and replacement of obsolete components.
* Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
* Troubleshoot networking or design problems.
* Supports on-ship installation, troubleshooting, and system validation
* Review, recommend, and write updates to technical documentation in support of the US Navy.
* Maintain standards compliance
* Supports Cybersecurity analysis and documentation of large networked systems
* Develops, updates, and maintains program of record documentation.
* Must be a US Citizenb with a clear background
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent. 3.0 GPA or greater required.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or higher security clearance.
* 4 + years related network design experience of mission-critical military/intelligence networks. Associated experience with Switching, Routing, Network Test/Troubleshooting, Network Security, Network Analysis.
* Ability to prepare briefings and technical reports. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
* Multiple engagements/experience with Systems Engineering discipline, process, and protocols. Ability to conceptualize, architect, design and specify complex Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (C5I) Systems
* Ability to decompose, define and document system performance requirements and associated key measurements of effectiveness.
* This position requires an advanced understanding of networking protocols, appropriate for mission-critical, near-real-time, military/intelligence networks. These include, but are not limited to:
o Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
* Simple-Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
* Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
* Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing protocols.
* Transmission Layer Security (TLS)
* Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
* A thorough understanding of all phases of network design is required.
* Cisco certification at the Associate level or above (e.g., CCNA)
* Experience with leading large/complex network projects and a successful history of task accomplishment
* Expertise with Network Architecture, Modelling, and Simulation tools.
* Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, Project®, Access®, Visio®).
* Working knowledge of project management systems
* Familiarity and working knowledge of cost-based accounting systems.
* Windows and Linux administration expertise
* A masters' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering is desired or equivalent experience; advanced degrees (MS, PhD) desired. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering degrees preferred.
* Candidates should possess at least one (1) security certification that is Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) compliant (e.g., CISSP)
* Cisco certifications at the professional or expert level (e.g., CCNP, CCIE)
* Effective time and project management skills
* Experience/understanding of network design practices/processes specific to Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific is desirable.
* Six years minimum technical experience designing Automated Digital Network System (ADNS) or similar networks.
* Six years minimum of technical experience installing and validating Automated Digital Network System (ADNS) or similar networks.
* Six years experience acting as technical lead in large-scale Automated Digital Network System (ADNS) or similar networks.
* Hands-on experience administrating, installing, and troubleshooting ADNS on board US Navy Ships or US Navy Network Operations Centers.
* Three (3) years' experience programming networks utilizing Software Defined Networking techniques.
* C/C++/JAVA/HTML/PYTHON and similar application software and scripting language competence
* Cybersecurity/Risk Management Framework Accreditation Experience
* Model-Based Systems Engineering Experience