ENG-18476 - TeamGlobal is recruiting for an ELectrical Engineer who will be part of the engineering group and will be responsible for designing, implementation and continuous improvement of manufacturing and test processes for electronic avionics products. The candidate applies electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering principles to components, subsystems and systems, including assembly, analysis, testing and documentation; construction of developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies and components. For full details please read on or hit the CALL NOW button at the bottom of the job description to talk to a recruiter.
* Part of the engineering group and will be responsible for designing, implementation and continuous improvement of manufacturing and test processes for electronic avionics products.
* Conduct failure analysis with minimal oversight
* Perform analysis of products to show compliance to derating guidelines and manufacturers' specifications. Various CAD/CAE tools may be used for this.
* Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform basic engineering tasks.
* Investigate and test vendors' components, perform design selection
* Modify existing designs for new applications
* Create documentation of design / product with minimal oversight – drawings, specifications, compliance matrices, test plans and test reports
* Assist with generation of DOMs and DIPs (applies for all levels)
* Participate in and prepare materials for internal design reviews (IDR) Understand configuration management as it applies to product documentation
* Create design verifications with minimal oversight
* Procure parts for development
* Assist with the fabrication and test of prototype hardware
* Perform and/or oversee design verification tests IAW plan/instructions Solder or machine tool trained per current requirements or equivalent skill
* Troubleshoot / repair circuits or mechanical structures
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers.
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
* Must have 5 or more years of directly related professional experience preferably in the industry.
* Experience must include working knowledge and history of implementation of manufacturing flow, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and root cause problem solving.
* Must have expertise in manufacturing concepts and be able to prioritize multiple projects.
* Experience in new product design and development is a plus.
* Candidate must be self-motivated with good communications skills.
* Computer Skills
* Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)