FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN
- Manages Others?
Full Job Description
- Job family (Series)
0503 Financial Clerical And Assistance
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.Qualifications
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: Enlisted, NTE TSgt/E-6
Compatible Military Assignments: Selectee must be a member of the Arkansas Air National Guard and be assigned to the 189th AW in a compatible military position in Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) 6F0X1. Must become compatible in the AFSC within 12 months of appointment.
Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (Grade Inversion). Enlisted members currently at a higher grade than allowed by the position (see Military Grade Requirement above) may apply; however, they must administratively reduce prior to appointment and provide confirmation of the reduction to HRO.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Must obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE:Education Additional information
Experience, education, or training in progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work which demonstrates the candidates' ability to communicate with individuals at different levels in order to assist and provide information. Experience using computers and automated systems.
Must have at least 6 months of finance program experiences. A qualified applicant must understand the basic principles and concepts of the National Guard financial business program requirements. The applicant must have successfully completed the military finance program technical training school course program and have finance program experiences along with competencies that provided knowledge of financial principles and procedures. A qualified applicant must have experiences and training that demonstrate the abilities to follow directions, to read, retain, and understand a variety of instructions, regulations, policies and procedures. The applicant must have the specialized experiences in providing analysis, validation, processing and correction of financial transactions and issues/problems involving the full range of financial management services and accounting functions.
Applicants should demonstrate through prior experience, education and training the following knowledge:
Accounts Payable, Open Document Ledger review, Daily Audit, Entitlement Verification, Debt Management, Travel Reimbursement Process.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
SecretDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
2. Current AF Form 422 (Physical Profile Serial Report) dated within 18 months or Current Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) dated within 6 months: (Go to https://imr.afms.mil/imr/MyIMR.aspx. Click on the printer icon, select the Adobe PDF printer and click print. Save the document and submit it with your application. The date will populate on the bottom of the page when you print to PDF.)
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This National Guard position is for a FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number D2151000 and is part of the AR ANG 189 ALF WG, National Guard.
(1) Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of interrelated accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable or receivable, and various travel entitlements to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out-of-balance conditions associated with processing actions within Financial Management systems.
(2) Performs in-depth analysis on complicated pay, travel, accounts payable and receivable and fiscal accounting activity issues involving substantial corrective action and/or complicated adjustments and resolves issues, including assessing unusual circumstances or conditions.
(3) Analyzes particular facts of financial transaction problems/issues, verifies and evaluates data; obtains additional information to reconcile discrepancies or inconsistencies; and, applies pertinent Fiscal Laws, regulations, precedent decisions, and procedures to determine appropriate action for resolution.
(4) Analyzes and resolves tax processing problems based on airmen inquiries or internal control audits/reviews, ranging from Permanent Change of Station (PCS) issues and combat tax exclusion pay to refunds of erroneous tax collection.
(5) Interprets data to identify problems, determines nature of the problem or issue, decides approaches to resolve issues, and recommends solutions for systemic changes to enhance operations.
(6) Incumbent researches, interprets, analyzes, and applies regulations, policies, procedures, and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex fiscal issues/problems regardless of the technical difficulties encountered. Uses originality to sort complicated factual information regarding public law, Fiscal Law, Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Air Force, National Guard Bureau (NGB), and Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, Comptroller General Decisions, and policies/issuances to apply a variety of methods and execute the full range of financial management services.
(7) Performs or conducts research, investigates and solves problems involving discrepancy reconciliations of (Electronic Funds Transfer rejects, pay/personnel or travel mismatches) to identify, analyze and provide solutions regarding multiple entitlements, payments to personnel in various duty statuses and assorted payments to commercial vendors, including computation of interest due.
(8) Performs varied duties, involving financial services payment systems (travel, accounts payable, and pay; for example, Joint Uniform Military Pay System Uniform Standard Terminal Input System (JUMPS), Defense MilPay Office (DMO), Reserve Travel System (RTS), Air Reserve Order Writing System (AROWS), and Defense Travel System (DTS).
(9) Determines appropriate pay, allowances, and entitlements resulting from multiple military and civilian statuses, to include: Title 10 Active Duty; Title 32 Inactive Duty for Training, Annual Training, Active Duty for Training, Active Guard and Reserve, and Active Duty for Operational Support (ADOS).
(10) Analyzes and processes transactions directly with U.S. Treasury and local financial institutions to ensure credits and collections are accomplished in a timely manner in accordance with law, regulation and policy.
(11) Uses computer master file systems, document processing and the effects of transactions on existing records to modify normal automated processes while protecting historical data. Ensures accuracy of modifications relating to payments, contract modifications, accessions, separations, collections, disbursements, garnishments, electronic fund transfer changes, and out-of-service debts or other actions involving complicated adjustments.
(12) Determines appropriate payments to vendors by applying Prompt Payment Act, tax law, contract law, account code structure, invoice processes, and Grants and Cooperative Agreement regulations and guidelines.
(13) Audits the full range of pay, travel, and accounts payable authorizations and entitlements to determine compliance with multiple laws, regulations, policies and issuances.
(14) Schedules, runs, and analyzes various financial system reports, such as daily activity reports, error/reject reports, status reports, discrepancy and mismatch reports, transaction reports, and ad hoc reports.
(15) Responds to requests for assistance/information from multiple sources, to include airmen, civilian employees, family members, unit supervisory personnel, Inspectors General (IG), Investigating Officers (IO), state and federal political members, and vendors. Trains customers on pay and travel entitlements and associated systems, processes and reports. Applies principles and practices involving data protected under the Privacy Act.
(16) Performs other duties as assigned
Not requiredSupervisory status
Help This job is open to
- National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
(1) Arkansas Army National Guard (AR ARNG) T32 Employees and Arkansas Army National Guard T5 Employees (with compatible membership); (2) All members of the AR ARNG/ANG, (3) Individuals who are not members of the National Guard but who are eligible to acquire membership in an available and compatible military grade for excepted technician positions. (Upon selection, must be a member of the Army National Guard).