Quality Assurance Specialist
Salary$65,074 - $84,595 a year
Full Job Description
- Assist in the organizations Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) processes, reviewing the non-destructive testing policy and procedures, examination, certification and re-testing programs.
- Review technical data packages (TDP), list of parts and materials (LOPAM), or Procurement Requisition Order Numbers (PRON) to determine requirements for inspection and or testing.
- Participate in pre-award surveys to assist contractors in their understanding of inspection and/or testing requirements.
- Review quality control plans to determine the actions necessary to ensure that the quality requirements are met.
- Provide reports to appropriate activities regarding immediate action for correction of weaknesses and deficiencies.
- Job family (Series)
1910 Quality Assurance
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Selectees must meet the position requirements for Level II certification in Acquisition Career Field- Quality and Reliability Assurance. Selectee must meet certification requirements within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Personnel security investigation required.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience required: To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level GS-09 in the Federal services which includes: 1) Reviewing the manufacturing and NonDestructive Test (NDT) process to assure strict compliance with NDT policy and procedures. 2) Providing inspection and Non-Destructive Test (NDT) procedures to identify characteristics critical to production acceptability. 3) Reviewing products to ensure they meet quality assurance compliance with contract specifications, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Request for Variance (RFVs). OR 4) Developing plans and procedures with production, engineering and other activities for assuring quality and reliability of our products manufactured, maintained, or modified; as well as raw, processed or fabricated materials.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Manufacturing Process Control
- Product Test and Evaluation
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Assessment
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-09). Education Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 15 - Quality and Reliability Assurance position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet the position requirements for certification at Level II in Quality and Reliability Assurance within 24 months of entrance on duty. (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisition University Catalog at http://www.dau.mil/.) Due to the impact of the Coronavirus, individuals with entrance of duty dates prior to April 1, 2021 will have an additional 12 months to meet the certification requirements, up to a total of 36 months.
- Information on the Army Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Workforce may be found at https://asc.army.mil/.
- Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 1 year by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extend up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.
- Position may be filled as a term appointment NTE 13 months, if candidate is not a current permanent Army employee. Term appointments may be extended up to a maximum of eight years.
- Physical Demands: In addition to the work performed at a desk, the duties regularly require extended periods of walking, standing, or bending while observing manufacturing operations, witnessing tests, or examining material and processes.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Not RequiredDrug test required
NoPosition sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
- Time-in-grade documentation: If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
About the Position: This position is located at the US Army Arsenal in Watervliet, NY in the Industrial Operations and Production Dir Quality Control Division.
Occasional travel - Business Travel is required 5% of the time.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
- Military spouses
See "Who May Apply" in the "Qualifications" section for more information on who is eligible to apply for this position.