HR ASST (RECRUITMENT & PLACEMENT)
Salary$38,921 - $56,222 a year
Full Job Description
- This is a developmental position being filled at either the GS-06 OR GS-07 grade level. At the GS-06 developmental level, you will perform assignments under closer than normal supervision. The full performance GS-07 level duties are:
- Code personnel actions into an automated Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Review and submit background investigation applications and schedule/track other pre-employment requirements such as a drug screens and medical examinations.
- Develop lower graded job vacancy announcements.
- Conduct initial orientation session for new hires, transfers, and reassignments from other employing offices.
- Respond to customer questions regarding regulations, polices, and practices as they pertain to civilian employment programs (i.e., benefits, leave, staffing, recruitment and placement, awards, and Labor/Management, and performance evaluations.
- Perform a variety of support work for the staff, such as compiling and tracking personnel actions, recruitment actions, creating and maintaining vacancy case files and applicant case files.
- Establish and maintain electronic Official Personnel Folders (eOPF).
- Classify lower graded position descriptions within the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) regulations.
- Review resumes and supporting documentation to determine qualifications and eligibilty.
- Job family (Series)
0203 Human Resources Assistance
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- This position requires a non-sensitive background clearance for the duration of employment.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a two year probationary period unless the appointee has previously met the requirements as described in 5 CFR Part 315. While probationary the incumbent can be terminated with limited appeal rights.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 5% of the time.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
GS-06: To qualify at this grade level, you must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level in the federal service (GS-05), which includes: applying Civilian Human Resources (HR) rules, procedures, and operations during the pre-employment and recruitment process; process personnel actions; advise on employee benefits; and, providing support to a Human Resources Office.
GS-07: To qualify at this grade level, you must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level in the federal service (GS-06), which includes: performing a wide variety of staffing support duties to include applying Civilian Human Resources (HR) rules and procedures during the pre-employment and recruitment process; classify lower graded position descriptions; review resumes for qualifications; process personnel actions; advise on employee benefits; and, provide support to a Human Resource Office.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Personnel Action Processing and Recordkeeping
- Position Classification
- Staffing and Recruitment
Time in Grade Requirement:
GS-06: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-05).
GS-07: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06). Education
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone-NO substitution of education for experience is permitted.Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 10 - Civilian Human Resources Management position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Relocation Incentive will not be authorized.
- Recruitment Incentive will notbe authorized
- Retention Incentive will notbe authorized.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Not RequiredDrug test required
NoPosition sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
- Time-in-grade documentation: If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
About the Position: This position is located with the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC). The CPAC provides quality service and assistance in acquiring, developing and retaining an effective workforce of highly qualified and productive civilians to serve as integral Total Army Team members dedicated to accomplishing the mission both now and in the future. We also provide the workforce with accurate and timely information regarding civilian personnel programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% of the time for this position.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
See "Who May Apply" in the "Qualifications" section for more information on who is eligible to apply for this position.