Supervisory Recreation Specialist (Aquatic)
3 days left
- Manages Others?
Salary$14 - $16 an hour
Pulled from the full job description
- Regular employment employees may be eligible for enrollment in benefits including Health/Dental, Group Life Insurance, 401(k), and AF NAF Retirement.
- Hourly Rate Range is $14.00-$16.00.
Full Job Description
- Organizes, implements, and assists in the planning of a well-rounded aquatics fitness and recreational swimming program. Organizes, promotes, and teaches, schedules and conducts swim meets, organizational fitness testing, special events, water exercise classes, swim lessons, water safety courses, lifeguard training classes, special swim days, and other events of general interest to all base personnel. Recommends hours of operation, fees, and charges. Assures maximum use of facilities, services and other resources.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the indoor fitness/recreational pool and the outdoor recreational swimming pool. Closely observes and strictly enforces all safety rules and regulations. Enforces all accepted safe and healthful swimming pool practices. Maintains AF Form 708, Swimming Pool Operational Log for both pools.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of NAF administrative documents to include daily cashier reports. Ensures the proper use of change funds and prepares purchase orders and other documents involving the transfer of funds. Conducts all required inventories. Conducts customer satisfaction surveys at least semiannually.
- Publicizes aquatic activities utilizing all base media, ensuring maximum effectiveness in attracting, motivating, or enhancing participation. Arrange for supplies, equipment, services and other resources needed to accomplish scheduled aquatics activities.
- Accounts for all funds involved and makes recommendations for improvements in appearance, indoors, and outdoors, to ensure that facilities and grounds are in proper repair. Serves as point of contact with Chugach on all work orders/job requests.
- Supervises and trains 12-15 lifeguards and water safety instructors. Supervisory duties include; interviewing and selecting personnel, scheduling work assignments, providing training, taking necessary disciplinary actions, accomplishing appraisals and scheduling leave and accomplishing required requests for personnel actions.
- Job family (Series)
0188 Recreation SpecialistSimilar jobs
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- This position requires satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with Air Force and DoD policy, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent possess Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, and Adult and Child CPR Certifications.
- This position requires the incumbent to have a valid, current state driver's license, or the ability to obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Must be proficient in various swimming techniques. Practical knowledge and/or experience of swimming pools and activities, equipment, rule and procedures is required. Must have experience with financial management. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to lift and carry 45 pounds or over, and perform other lifeguard related physical duties. Requires incumbent exercises, standing, stooping, and bending. The incumbent may come in daily contact with various toxic chemicals.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does allow for education substitution.Additional information
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- Direct deposit is required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A probationary period may be required
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD)
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting document will be evaluated against the qualifications of the position.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination has been made that you have inflated your responses to meet the position's qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.,) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Not RequiredDrug test required
YesPosition sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
Required documents may vary based on the eligibility you are claiming (i.e., applying as a Military Spouse Preference - MSP, applying as a veteran, applying as a current federal employees, applying as a displaced employee, etc.,). The below document(s) are required and MUST be submitted with your application by the closing date of this job announcement:
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support identified the general or specialized experience described in this announcement.
If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
Other accepted documents to support a qualification and/or claimed preference/priority eligibility may include:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- Disability Letter (VA)
- AF 2545
- Other (2)
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and supporting documents which prove your claimed eligibility. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package to include supplemental documents may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
Review our benefits
About the position:
This position will be assigned to the Aquatics Center at Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
This position will be filled as either a Flexible or Regular Part Time employment category. Regular Part Time employment guarantees a minimum of 20 hours/week. Regular employment employees may be eligible for enrollment in benefits including Health/Dental, Group Life Insurance, 401(k), and AF NAF Retirement.
Pay will be set based on experience. Hourly Rate Range is $14.00-$16.00.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10929194 Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- The public
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Please see the "Who May Apply" section under the Qualifications section.