Staff Data Engineer
7 days left
- Manages Others?
ENG-4401-1 -TeamGlobal now offers a 401(k) plan with matching funds on all positions. This position relies on systems engineering principles to design and implement solutions that span the data lifecycle to: collect, ingest, process, store, persist, access, and deliver data at scale and at speed. For more details about this extremely important position, please read on.
* Deliver full-stack data solutions across the entire data processing pipeline.
* Rely on systems engineering principles to design and implement solutions that span the data lifecycle to: collect, ingest, process, store, persist, access, and deliver data at scale and at speed.
* Guide the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
* Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
* Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
* Design and implement data solutions by defining functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications;
* Work through all stages of a data solution lifecycle, e.g., analyze / profile data, create conceptual, logical and physical data model designs, architect and design ETL, reporting and analytics;
* Maintain data systems performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases;
* Define standards, best practices, and certification processes for data objects.
* Must be a US Citizen with a clear background.
* Have knowledge of local, distributed, and cloud-based technologies; data virtualization and smart caching; and all security and authentication mechanisms required to protect the data.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
* Work is performed without appreciable direction.