Avionics/Electrical Tech II - Weekend shift
156002 - TeamGlobal is recruiting for 4 Avionics Technicians with experience with aircraft launch, recovery, preflight, postflight, and major inspections. They will provide technical expertise in testing aircraft systems, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact. For more details on this long term position, please read on:
* Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
* Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
* Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
* Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required. to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
* Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
* Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
* Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
* Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components.
* Complies with the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
* Adapt to sudden schedule changes.
* In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
#Education, Experience and Skills:
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Four (4) years experience in an avionics/electrical career field or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and two (2) years related experience.
* A&P (FAA Airframe and Powerplant) license preferred.
* FCC preferred.
* NCATT preferred.
* Must be able to work any shift as assigned by the manager.
* Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
* Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
* Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined areas and lift up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.