Sheetmetal Mechanic F-16
6 days left
- Manages Others?
- Performs modification of F-16 aircraftand major subassembly's.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Ability to work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
- Perform difficult structural pick-up and rework such as removing, replacing or realigning ribs, longerons, bulkheads, stringers, or fittings in completed skinned assemblies
- Perform tasks utilizing tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, brake, drill press, and pneumatic riveter
- Perform such final assembly operations as pick-up and rework on structures and installation, installing shortages, and bringing up all items to latest engineering changes
- Complete installation of and fit such items as clamps, brackets, angles, longerons, supports, bulkheads, battery boxes, and component parts such as avionics equipment
- Perform trimming, milling operations, reforming and altering parts and structures as required. Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches