Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic
Salary$25.44 - $31.56 an hour
Full Job Description
- Assists with analyzing, overhauling and modification of assemblies and subassemblies of electronic equipment.
- Uses test equipment to locate malfunctions.
- Make the necessary repairs to correct the malfunctions of t he system.
- Job family (Series)
2610 Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- The incumbent is required to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- This position requires up to 40% temporary duty.
- This position requires a medical.
- This is a temporary action not to exceed one year with options to extend.
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic without more than normal supervision. - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (Screen-out Element)
- Ability To Use Hand and Power Tools - Electronics
- Ingenuity (Ability To Suggest and Apply New Methods)
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Theory of Electronics
- Trouble shooting (Electronic Equipment)
- Use of Test Equipment: Electronics
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required..
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. .
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application..
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
SecretDrug test required
NoPosition sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate RiskTrust determination process
Suitability/Fitness, National security
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
About the Position: These positions are located with Directorate of Industrial Operations. Theater Missile Systems Division, Air Defense Systems Branch, Letterkenny Army Depot, Chambersburg, Pa. 17201.
These positions are temporary not to exceed 1 year.
These temporary actions may be extended up to 5 years.
These temporary actions may be made permanent without further competition.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Military spouses
See "Who May Apply" in the "Qualifications" section for more information on who is eligible to apply for this position.