STS Technical Services is hiring Project Planners in Greenville, South Carolina.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations relating to specific portion of the product for guidance of production workers.
- Plans detail operations from blueprints, engineering orders, change notices, and other engineering releases.
- Determines the need for tooling and makes recommendations for the design and planning of required tools.
- Prepares shop work orders for materials and product processing and coordinates with schedulers to ensure that items are being processed according to specifications and time requirements. Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records.
- Converts/uses contractual documents, engineering drawings, technical manuals, Time compliance Technical Order, or other technical data to provide direction in work documents to accomplish aircraft production/maintenance/modification.
- Uses standardized processes to resolve errors with engineering and other technical data.
- Conducts concurrent review boards with Production, Quality, and Engineering to ensure work documents are technically accurate and clearly written for technician/mechanic execution.
- Conducts hangar floor checks for work document improvement opportunities. Initiates/ processes Planning Change Requests.
- Provides direction to liaison planners for incorporation of work document updates.
- Coordinates across functional organizations to clear document rejects.
- Participates in Integrated Product Team meetings to provide status of work packages.
- Minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance and/or modification technical writing experience
- Experience writing technical instructions for paint/coating
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering documents and drawings
- Ability to plan sequence of work
- Proficient using MS Word and Excel
- Experience using military technical manuals
- Previous experience writing work instructions
- F-16 (fighter jet) writing experience preferred
- Must be a US Citizen.
- This position is located at a facility that requires special access
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.