Systems Automation Engineer
ENG-18517 - TeamGlobal now offers a 401(k) plan with matching funds on all positions. This position will be responsible for building, maintaining, and utilizing an end-to-end testing solution within a scalable, reactive architecture across multiple environments (development and integration test), initially on bare metal but eventually within a hybrid cloud. For more specific detail, read on and inquire today.
* Responsible for building, maintaining, and utilizing an end-to-end testing solution within a scalable, reactive architecture across multiple environments (development and integration test), initially on bare metal but eventually within a hybrid cloud.
* Support multiple groups performing joint development with differing requirements.
* Work with Software Engineers and System Engineers to make sure that the testing solution works in rapid, efficient and meaningful ways.
* Collaborate with Software Engineers and Systems Engineers to determine test automation requirements and priorities.
* Develop and implement a strategy to automate testing, improve test coverage, and improve software quality.
* Participate in implementation of automated test tools and automated test infrastructure.
* Implement and execute tests using the automated tools and infrastructure.
* Participate in implementation of automated collection of test metrics and detailed reports of testing progress.
* Evaluate automated testing results and recommend improvement opportunities.
* Guide, coach and train teams in best automated testing practices.
* Create, maintain and control test plans, test cases, test scripts and test data for repeatable and reliable testing.
* Ensure traceability from requirements to test cases and test scripts.
* Must be a US Citizen with a clear background
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related discipline * Seven (7) years applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
* Effective oral and written communication, as well as excellent listening skills
* Ability to solve new problems creatively and collaboratively
* Ability to work independently and in a small team environment to achieve project goals
* Familiar with development, build and continuous integration environments (ex. Git, Jenkins)
* Familiar with container formats (ex. Docker, Kubernetes)
* Familiar with system configuration management tools (ex. Ansible, Salt, Puppet)
* Exposure to scalable distributed systems