Mechanical Systems Engineer, Service Engineering - 2nd Shift
ENG-156307 - TeamGlobal now offers a 401(k) plan with matching funds on all positions. We are recruiting for a Mechanical Systems Engineer who will help guide the successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceive research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of our client's products and services. For full details, please read on.
* Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
* Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
* Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
* Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
* Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
* Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
* Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required.
* 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
* Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
* A fundamental understanding of aircraft design and construction principles.
* The ability to effectively work with and support a multi-discipline team of engineers, mechanics, technicians, Quality Control, upper management, etc.
* Experience using computer aided design tools such as CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar in design of aircraft structures.
* Strong technical skills with mechanical systems.
* Gulfstream engineering experience, e.g. G650, G500, G600.
* Experience with Structural Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals.
* Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
* Practical hands on aircraft repair experience and problem solving.
* Familiarity with Airworthiness Authority regulations and showing compliance to such regulations with repairs and rework instructions in a post-production repair station environment.