Principal Software Engineers (Level 4)
STS Technical Services is hiring Principal Software Engineers (Level 4) in Dallas, Texas.Summary:
- The principal embedded Software Engineer will be an integral part of the Electro Optical Infrared System (EOIS) Software Development Team.
- Responsible for leading technical activities and completion of these activities on time and budget.
- Develop software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Determine hardware compatibility.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering technical field with a minimum of 8+ years of experience Mastery of technologies and domain knowledge
- Expected to have knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines
- 5+ years of embedded SW design experience and real-time processing architectures
- Demonstrate experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), and have experience in bare-metal implementation for embedded system
- Experience developing in C, C++ and C#
- 2+ years of experience in software requirements derivation and evaluation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel
- Motivated, self-starter individual
- Experience with embedded device drivers (TCP/IP, UART, I2C, PCIe, etc.)
- Experience in initial hardware startup and troubleshooting techniques
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Capable of integrating hardware and software and developing test plans and procedures
- Experience in requirements analysis and allocations using DOORs or other tools
- Experience with VxWorks Operating System or other real-time embedded OS
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Designs, develops, analyzes, documents and supports testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Provides regular reporting of progress and status
- Responsible for completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
- Reviews customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Supports the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develops prototypes to retire key development risks as directed
- Communicates clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.