Employer: APA Services
Position: Sheetmetal Mechanic
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Sheet Metal, Aircraft Mechanic
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum Exp Req'd:
Manages Others: No
The Sheetmetal Mechanic reports directly to the Structures Lead Technician. The individual is responsible for being proficient in airframe minor to intermediate repairs, modifications and service bulletins.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to perform intermediate/heavy structure tasks with little supervision.
- Highly proficient in fabrication, cold working, flap peening and jacking, shoring aircraft.
- Highly proficient in using technical data and drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
- Possesses analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for problem solving.
- Performs such minor part-fitting operations as filing, sawing, de-burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming.
- Required to be able to read schematics/blueprints of moderate complexity, engineering drawings and technical instructions.
- Safely perform sheet metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft.
- Has working knowledge of SRM (Repair Station Manual) references.
- Perform layout work; measure parts using micrometers, calipers and ball gauges (to accurately measure holes to .0001 inch); undertake bending and forming of sheet metal in preparation for assembly.
- Able to use complex fixtures, bushings, core drills and reamers to generate holes for close tolerance Hi lock and fasteners.
- May modify components to incorporate changes to structure.
- May be required to undertake fabrication, cold working, flap peening. Perform the assigned maintenance task in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations, customer’s approved maintenance program or accepted data.
- Perform high quality work in accordance with the data/instructions provided by the Project Manager and/or Lead.
- Become familiar with and follow the requirements of the RSM, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airworthiness Directives, advisory circular, manufacturer’s service bulletins and any other required to perform assigned work. Never begin any maintenance unless in possession of the proper documentation.
- Minimum 2-5 years Aircraft Structural Repair Experience (B737 EXPERIENCE DESIRED).
- Specific Experience Performing Sheetmetal Modifications, Fabrications, and Repairs (i.e., Cargo door mods, riveting, etc.).
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
About Our Client:
Our Client provides turn-key aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for a wide array of commercial and military aircraft. As an independent FAA EASA approved repair station, our client’s services include scheduled and non-scheduled passenger airlines, cargo operators and leasing company’s maintenance.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.