Software Engineer - Networking & Infrastructure
ENG-18697 - TeamGlobal now offers a 401(k) plan with matching funds, This position is a hands on technical software engineering position on the Networking and Infrastructure (NI) team that will support integration and configuration of computational system architecture and system software for real-time simulation applications. For more details please read on.
* Apply knowledge of software architecture to design and develop requirements for large scale future simulation applications
* Design, develop and integrate software architectures using COTs toolsets
* Define and create new simulation models using established techniques
* Design, develop, code, integrate and test simulation software to meet requirements
* Design computer architecture, simulator networks, software interfaces, and software infrastructure
* Understand, and support Software compilation using a variety of tools
* Responsible for operating systems installation and configuration
* Troubleshoot issues with computational equipment configuration and interfaces
* Configure and troubleshoot networks of deliverable equipment
* Responsible for requirements, design, development, integration, testing and verification of simulation interfaces
* Must be a US Citizen with a clear background
* Master's Degree or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline or,
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
* Knowledgeable in Algorithm performance and design. Able to apply knowledge to improve existing runtime of software algorithms.
* Knowledgeable in Software Compilation, including setup and usage of various compilers, utilities and IDEs, e.g. Visual Studio, GCC, CMake.
* Knowledgeable in various source code control methods (Git, SVN, ClearCase, etc.)
* Knowledgeable in Linux operating systems installation and configuration, and general system-level configuration
* Management of a software baseline, including branching, merging, building, maintaining, and installing software
* Previous simulation system experience required; training system simulation experience preferred
* DDS Experience required
* 5-10 plus years C++, C post degree required
* 5-10 plus years Linux development environment required
* Prefer 5-10 plus years of direct software development experience post degree
* Experience with Diskless Cloud infrastructure, with SAN and NAS systems
* Virtual environment experience (VMware, HyperVisor, etc.) desired
* Should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills
* Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction
* Experience working in a team environment
* Good communications skills
* Microsoft Visual Studio, and/or gcc experience required.
* HLA/DIS experience a plus