Employer: APA Services
Position: Powerplant Systems Engineer
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Engineers
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum Exp Req'd:
Manages Others: No
Powerplant Systems Engineer
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions: 1. Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope 2. Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities 3. Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge 4. Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas 5. Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements 6. Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives 7. Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 8. Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program Perform other duties as assigned.
- Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred.
- 2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required. 13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job .
- Candidates should have experience with: - Aircraft turbine engine installations including nacelles, inlet, thrust reverser and engine build-up. - FAA Part 25/EASA CS-25 certification of powerplant system components, including qualification test requirements, test plans, test witnessing, data analysis, and reporting. - Requirements and testing of components in designated fire zones, flammable fluid zones and on firewalls. - Coordinating with engine and nacelle suppliers to meet system and component design, test and certification requirements. Also desirable: - General knowledge of aircraft turbine engine operation and performance. - Familiarity with Fuel Tank Ignition Prevention per Part 25.981
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.