Employer: APA Services
Position: Material Control Specialist II
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Parts & Inventory
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum Exp Req'd:
Manages Others: No
Material Control Specialist II
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of activities within the Material Logistics process: DC/Warehouse distribution and shop floor control. Performs related CAS/SAP transactions within material operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions:1. Release, interpret, process and track status of route cards to ensure accurate movement of materials. 2. Ensure proper handling and storage of material throughout the entire material flow process.3. Unload delivery vehicles, sort material by destination and ensure material is moved by scanning material to proper locations. Check incoming internal/external material for mishandling and damages.4. Move material from one staging/stocking location to another, using appropriate inventory transactions.5. Responsible for the processing of material using automated systems; ensure the timely delivery of material. 6. Have the ability to process all unplanned demand orders within appropriate systems and expedite to using department.7. Process parts through receipts of purchase or Manufacturing orders through the appropriate receipt process. 8. Must hold appropriate stamp qualifications to process material and generate parts identification tags. Comply with FAA regulations and Quality procedures.9. Operate material handling equipment and company vehicles as required to move material. 10. Unload, load, and move engines as required: uncrate and move thrust reverses and nose cowls.11. Responsible for part accuracy in assigned areas of material functions.12. Responsible for packaging shipments of aircraft, non-aircraft material, literature and other GAC items being shipped to customer or suppliers to meet GAC needs.13. May be required to work overtime, various shifts, and weekend coverage as required by production schedule.14. Ensure housekeeping in work area. Comply with all company safety regulations.15. Learn and apply Lean concepts within functional responsibilities. Support a continuous improvement culture including lean principles, sustainability initiatives, ergonomic improvements, safety, and cross functional teams.16. Performs other duties as required.
- Additional Functions:1. Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involving limited responsibility.2. Responsible for accuracy in assigned areas.3. Capable of working in an automated inventory system.4. Meet productivity requirements.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent. Minimum 2 years of material experience expediting and/or warehouse operations.
- Other Requirements:1. Able to pass math and reading assessment.2. Must be able to obtain Q or PQ/RI stamp.3. Demonstrate experience in materials coordination.4. Basic knowledge of computer operation.
- Experience with SAP and Microsoft Office software preferred
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.