Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“One of the best parts of my job is feeling the impact of 93,000 3Mers collaborating around the world and seeing the difference they’re able to make in people’s lives.” – Julie Bushman, executive vice president of International Operations at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading product teams for regulatory product certification expertise and direction for new and existing PPE/Fall Protection products
- Leading regulatory product certification & conformance initiatives and process improvement activities
- Effectively managing regulatory product certification content and documentation in division and corporate systems such as PLM, life cycle management, regulatory strategy, quality management systems, regulatory information systems
- Providing timely direction and guidance regarding regulatory product certification and declarations, product labeling, claims, change management and new and emerging regulations and trends
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of product experience in an industry with regulations working in product certification, regulatory affairs, laboratory and/or quality within a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Thorough organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Advanced product certification (PPE, respiratory, Fall Protection) experience working in regulatory affairs, laboratory and/or quality
- First-hand experience leading both U.S. and Global product certification of PPE products including Fall Protection
- Excellent working knowledge of Fall Protection and/or PPE product standards, regulations, and quality systems
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to collaborate with cross functional team members
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Strong project management skills
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M. Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties. 3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.