Full Job DescriptionThe Communications Early Career Intern Program (ECIP) is a competitive internship that provides diverse communications experience. Immersed in the inner workings of the world's leading aerospace and global security company, you'll develop extensive, career-building communications skills through on-the-job responsibilities and customized training.
Participants in the program’s internal/external communications tracks gain practical experience in media relations, marketing communications, employee and executive communications and social impact in preparation for future professional roles in business communications. During the program, network with ECIP peers across Lockheed Martin business areas.
Eligible applicants are completing undergraduate or graduate degrees from leading communications and/or business schools with outstanding communications skills, curiosity and integrity. Possible work locations include, but are not limited to: Bethesda, Maryland; Washington, District of Columbia; Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas; Denver, Colorado; Orlando, Florida; and Moorestown, New Jersey, among others. Possible Lockheed Martin Business Areas include: Enterprise Operations, Missiles and Fire Control, Aeronautics, Space, and Rotary Missions Systems.
- Enrolled in bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, graphic design/illustration, web animation, film/video production or other integrated communications majors
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.5
- One distinct communications internship, related work experiences or demonstrated leadership experiences
- Strong writing skills (with supporting portfolio of print and digital materials)
- Knowledge of and experience using Associated Press (AP) style
- Must be Senior expecting to graduate in May 2022
- Social media experience (Ex: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Digital marketing, analytics and/or content management experience (Ex: Hubspot, Sprinklr, Google Analytics, Google Keyword, Hootsuite, Leadpages, ActiveCampaign)
- Business acumen (Ex: Finance, Operations)
- Photo and video capture/editing and/or familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Collaboration tool experience (Ex: Slack, Box, Google Hangout, Dropbox)
- Relevant communications leadership experience (Ex: PRSSA or on-campus agency)
- Interpersonal skills, integrity, teamwork, energy and flexibility
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.