Sourcing Specialists (Fabrication & Weldments)
STS Technical Services is hiring Sourcing Specialists in Madison Heights, Michigan.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the sourcing, cost reduction, and material availability for assigned Fabrication and Weldment products.
- Supports the Fabrication and Weldments Supply Manager in the management of all commercial aspects of the Fabrication and Weldment commodity and supply base.
- Sourcing of new products on time and within cost and investment targets to suppliers defined in the commodity strategy
- Identify and implement cost reductions in support of vehicle cost targets
- Ensuring part deliveries in line with schedule
- Support resolution of commercial issues
- Support the creation and execution of multi-year commodity strategies to add value and mitigate risks
- Support the maintaining of the supplier relationships
- Ensure adherence with US Government procurement regulations, including FAR & DFARS
- Commodities include 2D metal parts, formed metal parts, welded parts and assemblies
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in supply chain / purchasing
- Experience in an applicable industry
- Automotive, Commercial Vehicle, Defense, Off-Highway Equipment, etc.
- Ability to learn, work independently, and multi-task
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Bachelor’s Degree
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.