Supply / Commodity Managers (Drivetrain Components)
STS Technical Services is hiring Supply / Commodity Managers in Madison Heights, Michigan.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all commercial aspects of the Drivetrain Components commodity and supply base, including but not limited to:
- Creating and executing multi-year commodity strategies to add value and mitigate risks
- Driving cost reductions to support vehicle cost targets
- Identifying new suppliers (both domestic and abroad), processes, technologies and driving introduction to create value
- Sourcing of new products on time and within cost and investment targets
- Ensuring part deliveries in line with schedule
- Managing all aspects of supplier relationship
- Ensure adherence with US Government procurement regulations, including FAR & DFARS
- Commodities include highly technical products such as steering, brakes, suspension, axles, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in supply chain / purchasing
- Experience in an applicable industry
- Automotive, Commercial Vehicle, Defense, Off-Highway Equipment, etc.
- Strong negotiation capabilities
- Self-starter, hands-on with entrepreneurial spirit able to excel in a dynamic environment
- Strong leadership capabilities, with ability to work cross-functionally with Engineering, Sales, & Program Management
- Technical knowledge and experience are preferred
- Global Sourcing experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA, CPM, and/or SCM accreditation desirable.
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.