Assembly Technician - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Vehicle Group division is currently seeking a Production Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Kings Mountain, NC facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role, you will:
- Assemble clutch components, sub-assemblies, and assemblies from specification sheets, drawings, and work instructions.
- Be cross-trained and operate multiple assembly stations during a single shift.
- Perform minor and preventative maintenance in assigned workstations.
- Be diligent in watching for and reporting unusual conditions, safety issues or defective material.
- Adhere to all safety and quality procedures, and company policies and guidelines.
- Assist in on-the-job training for new employees.
- Perform lean activities and be involved in identifying process improvement through teams and systems (i.e. – Value Stream Mapping, 5S+, standardized work, TPM, RIEs)
- Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing departmental and plant objectives.
- Perform work in a manner which supports Eaton’s Quality systems (QS, 9000, TS 16949, CQI-9), and Environmental system (ISO 14000).
- Maintain work area housekeeping and assist in department/team housekeeping and 5S efforts
- Complete daily tasks in compliance with standard work
- Inspect product for quality acceptance and perform quality checks. Work within quality and quantity standards.
- \Work a reasonable amount of overtime, including weekends and holidays as scheduled.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis from floor to waist. Periodic lifting of up to 30 lbs. from waist to shoulder.
- Able to stand for up to 9 hours, with scheduled breaks
- Able to stand, twist, bend, squat and stoop
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is available for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Kings Mountain, NC facility will be considered
- Previous manufacturing assembly experience preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No