POSITION OPEN: PURCHASING CLERK
WORKING HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., plus possible overtime
SUMMARY: Works in the Supply Chain group as a Purchasing Clerk, focused on the efficient purchase of materials as instructed, for use in Manufacturing.
NO REMOTE WORK AVAILABLE - ALL WORK IS ONSITE
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data entry - key Manufacturing material requirements; produce documentation for orders as required and directed.
- Purchasing materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors - as directed.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services as stipulated - reporting back on terms to management.
- Updates to ongoing departmental logs and spreadsheets daily.
- Ensure prompt ordering (after approval) of parts as per approved processes to assist in positive manufacturing flow.
- Works under department manager to assist in determining materials demand based on inventory review and schedules provided to you.
- Builds and maintains communication channels with suppliers regarding materials availability, scheduling, and pricing.
- Document organization, copying, and filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform accurate Math is a must.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated written skills and professional verbal communication.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Experience with Accounting or billing software is helpful but not required.
- Manages time effectively; able to report regularly on how time is spent.
- Attendance and punctuality key; must also be available to work overtime when necessary.
- Demonstrates an ability to cope with fast paced, changing environment.
- Successful candidate will be mature, responsible, and organized.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: High school graduation required. Prior courses in Accounting program and/or spreadsheets may be helpful.
On the job training, benefits package, and paid time off. Single shift facility in easily accessible urban area.
Criminal Background Check and Drug Test required. Local Candidates only.
Sierra Microwave Technology LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by the law. Sierra participates in E-Verify. ITAR compliant.
Please call Human Resources at 512-869-5007 to request application/interview accommodation.