Structural Mechanic I
Looking for a dependable and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Structural Mechanic I inSavannah, Georgia. In this position, you will perform a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department. Matching 401(k) and Insurance is offered on all positions. Apply today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
* Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
* Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
* Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
* Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
* Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
* Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
* Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program and complies with all safety regulations.
* Work under moderate supervision on duties and tasks.
* Support Lean Activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
#Education and Experience Requirements:
* High School Diploma/GED.
* One (1) year related structural assembly experience.
* Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints.
* Basic computer skills.
* Must be able to read a 6”scale and perform basic shop math
* Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
* Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules
* Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices. 8. Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
* Must be able to work any shift
* Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.
* Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred.