Material Controller (Clean Tank/Shipping)
The Jackson, MS facility has approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare and package units, components, parts and assemblies for shipment.
- You will ensure all shipments meet sales order requirements to ensure proper amounts, identification, correct ship dates, and correct materials are present.
- You will prepare shipping labels via use of computer system and internal and freight carrier label/bill-of-lading computer systems.
- You will check incoming shipment bills of lading and reconcile supplier receipts to purchase orders requirements.
- You will comply with all Environmental, Health, and Safety policies as well as work-rules.
- You will load, unload, and move parts through facility on frequent basis. Some occasional heavy lifting (60 lbs.) may be required.
- You will notify supervisor when work received does not meet the specifications observable in the normal course of performing duties such as quantity and work order packages.
- You will perform operator defined 5S/TPM (Total preventative Maintenance) tasks as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ’Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Jackson, MS will be considered
- Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Technology, or related field from an accredited post-secondary college or school
- Forklift experience
- Mechanical parts knowledge including the ability to recognize part material and family
- Good attendance record
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing, warehouse/distribution, and/or military environment
Position Success Criteria:
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships in a diverse environment
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Proficient writing skills and ability to comprehend detailed written instructions
- Basic shop math skills including linear measuring, weight measuring, use of whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and problem solving
- Ability to complete written forms, check lists, and other hand-written documents
- Good job safety record
- Prior experience using computers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No