Applications Engineer (13902BR)
The primary focus of the Design Methodology Specialist (DMS) Application Consultant (AC) is to support the sale and adoption of Synopsys products to help customers achieve tangible and lasting performance improvements in the cost, quality, and development time for projects.
- DMS ACs are expected to possess Synthesis (logical and physical), Formal Verification, and Verilog RTL coding experience and knowledge.
- Some experience with physical implementation is required. Experience with low power optimization/multi-voltage design implementation and multi-voltage static verification is preferred.
- In addition, DMS ACs are expected to be able to articulate design methodologies involving Synopsys tools and be ’elevator-talk’ proficient in the full Synopsys tool portfolio. Development time will be spent gaining expertise in additional, or specialization tools, broadening focus from product emphasis to methodology, sharpening Account Management skills, and learning to leverage success.
- DMS ACs support Account Managers to exceed quota; they also provide technical support to ensure customer success and satisfaction.
- DMS ACs are expected to manage multiple customer activities concurrently, and work with Account Managers and AC management to set their priorities.
- Sales support roles include product demonstrations, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking.
- Customer support roles include training, problem resolution, and technical account management.
- DMS ACs must be able to interact effectively with end-users at customer sites, as well as first level managers.
DMS ACs also participate in account planning, where they work as part of the account team to develop the Synopsys solution to customer problems by bringing their understanding of customers’ needs and issues. Some travel may be required.
Design experience should include ASIC design using industry-standard hardware description languages (Verilog)
- Excellent verbal and written presentation/communication skills are mandatory.
- Strong interest and understanding of design methodologies is required.
- Deep Synopsys front end tool (Logical and Physical Synthesis, Formal Verification, Verilog RTL coding, Low power/Multi-voltage flows, and debugging) experience and knowledge are required.
- Customer sensitivity, the ability to multiplex many issues & set priorities, and the desire to help customers exploit new technologies are essential for success in the position.
- BSEE or equivalent, required with 7+ years of experience, or MSEE, or equivalent with 5+ years of experience