Digital Advertising Sales Executive - Baltimore
At LPi our mission is connecting a dedicated readership with local business through print, digital sales, and online advertising. Do you want to be part of a positive, fun, growing organization? We are looking for candidates with a proven track record of digital ad sales success, excellent communication skills, fierce work ethic, excellent communication skills and a good understanding of digital media advertising solutions. Want to see what all the buzz is about? Take a look!
A LOOK AT YOUR NEW CAREER:
In this new product offering, you will be responsible for adding digital services such as email, social, and targeted display. As you become a business’ external ‘ad agency’ you will have the opportunity to take digital services to churches as an entirely new offering for our organization. As you help advertisers move into the digital age in their community, you will bring to our company a new revenue stream which has a significant impact on the bottom line financials.
CHARACTERISTICS THAT MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
- Assist the Advertising Sales Department in meeting and/or exceeding its weekly, quarterly, and annual digital revenue expectations by conducting a multitude of sales calls and presentations on digital advertising solutions including but are not limited to, targeted display, email marketing, social media advertising, and Google AdWords advertising.
- Prospect sales leads and assist the LPi Advertising Sales Executives present and close new business.
- Work with internal Advertising Sales Teams and management, to ensure proper procedures are followed to achieve accurate account signup, operations, and billing with attention to detail.
- Develop extensive proposals with multiple digital advertising solutions.
- Develop ongoing strategies to identify, locate, and create new accounts including walk-ins, cold calling, and direct e-mail contacts. Maintain an active target account list and be able to discuss progress.
- Collect customer payment information including, but not limited to, checks, credit card information, and cash. Submit information for processing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 3 years minimum outside sales experience required. Digital interactive or internet media sales experience highly desired
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Highly effective communication skills. The ability to speak clearly and effectively, especially over the phone. Ability to read other people’s reactions and subtle cues even when they aren’t articulated. Highly developed listening skills in order to hear the prospect’s needs.
- Hunter mentality, aggressively seeking new digital advertising revenue opportunities
- Highly developed organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve established goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and build effective client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an extremely high level of professionalism
- Strong, enthusiastic leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively on complex sales proposals with multiple digital advertising products and promotions.
- Must demonstrate creativity with ad campaign development and ad copy.
- Positive outlook and an entrepreneurial spirit to help drive LPi Advertising Department to meet and exceed digital revenue goals and key sales objectives.
- Strong computer skills are required, with the ability to use Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. (Previous experience with developing PowerPoint presentations and/or proposals a plus.) Also, proficiency with Social Media sites, SEM, and SEO is a plus.
- Must have valid driver’s license. Must carry an acceptable level of liability insurance coverage for vehicle used.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
At LPi, we help our customers change the world and we seek to change the world for our employees in turn. Our VIBRANT benefit package includes medical, dental, 401K with company match, paid vacation and holidays, ongoing development, work-life balance, and MORE!
This is a full-time W-2 role with a competitive salary and bonus structure. Benefits include: Health insurance, 401(k) w/ company match, HSA account, paid time off for holidays and vacations, and more. A company laptop is provided and expenses (including mileage) will be reimbursed weekly. A valid driver’s license and acceptable level of liability insurance coverage for your vehicle is required.
LPi is the industry leader in stewardship communications that serve as a single source for connecting communities through printed materials and online services. Family-owned since 1972 and backed by industry-leading customer service, LPi builds relationships with nearly 100,000 local businesses to support its more than 5,000 customers with advertising. We live by our core values: Being Passionate, Having a Positive Team Spirit, a Servant Leader Attitude, Embracing Change, and Having Fun!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer