The Desktop Administrator position is responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting PC systems, software/hardware updates, hardware and software upgrades, diagnostics of failing components, and imaging/deployment of new systems. The desktop administrator supports end users to provide excellent and timely customer service and resolve issues with their PCs and other peripheral devices. Responsible for assisting in writing documentation for use by the IT team in support of service delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds, maintains and administers Windows Desktop PC’s, mobile devices/phones, phone system, printers, scanners, and demonstrates proficiency in these technologies.
- Work with Systems Administrator to drive Group Policy optimizations.
- Use SCCM to design, build, maintain, deploy, and update Endpoint images and applications.
- Analyze, document, package, test, MS patches/rollups and 3rd party products (Adobe, Java, etc.…), in accordance with company security standards and to ensure workstations and servers are in compliance.
- Monitor and maintain software asset management and license tracking for compliance.
- Deploy, maintain, and manage Endpoint Security software.
- Perform routine and emergency system maintenance activities.
- Develop, document and implement operating procedures and participate in training as required.
- Analyze current processes and procedures; drive improvements
- Advise and participate in the development of network systems architecture, design, and ongoing review of system configurations in collaboration with relevant team members.
- Respond to and resolve issue requests via a ticketing system
- Track, manage and resolve root causes of desktop services issues; prevent future incidents
- Maintains and upgrades mobile device hardware, software and components.
- Responds to end-user support calls/emails Works to resolve issues with high end user satisfaction and minimal downtime.
- Participate in the "on-call" rotation.
- Periodically visits remote facilities to perform maintenance, deployment, installation, inventory, etc.
- Acts as backup to other IT staff in their absences or as needed on special projects, including internal end-user support and basic administration
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Maintain excellent communication with the IT Manager and key stakeholders on all tasks and projects.
- Works with Systems and Network Administrators in planning and implementing system security, managing host security, file permissions, and file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Is a product expert for all user hardware and desktop software, including Windows 7/10, MS Office, Mitel desktop phones, voicemail, and MiCollab.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge with installation, configuration, operation, performance tuning, troubleshooting and management of Windows client operating systems
- Demonstrates knowledge of Active Directory, including group policies
- Demonstrates knowledge with PowerShell and scripting processes
- Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft SCCM
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the mechanics and processes for developing end to end provisioning processes in SCCM to including images, software deployment, and patching.
- Knowledge of patch deployment methodologies/application such as WSUS and SCUP.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Create and maintains good technical documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Being flexible and adaptable.
MINIMUM CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, and a minimum of five years of experience supporting/administering Windows Desktop PC’s, mobile devices, Active Directory, and office phone systems. MCSC certification or equivalent preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Several years’ experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10 client platforms in an Active Directory corporate environment.
- Experience managing endpoint imaging and deployment with SCCM
- Knowledge of storage hardware and network storage technologies
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations
- Windows scripting and PowerShell
- Advanced hardware & software troubleshooting skills.
- Maintains quality customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and is a team player with the ability to work well independently.
- Must possess above average organization skills, excellent communication skills, and can demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Considered an out of the box thinker and displays a willingness to learn.
- Ability to effectively communicate and resolve internal and external customer issues on all levels of the organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires extensive work using a computer. Responsibilities may require evening, night, and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported. Requires participation in on-call support on a rotating schedule. Frequent (less than 25%) travel required to remote office locations. Occasionally required to lift or move up to 45 pounds.