Senior Database Application Developer
The candidate analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies Oracle based database applications that contribute to an integrated software solutions used in local, networked, or internet-related application suites. The candidate is responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. In collaboration with other application developers, the candidate optimizes in-application SQL statements as necessary, and establishes best practices. The candidate is responsible for integrating data from multiple source systems, displaying data appropriately, identifying areas of process improvement, and implementing solutions through data integration and automation.
The candidate works with complex data models and object relational database structures. Writes database PL/SQL packages, procedures and triggers according to technical requirements. Works with a development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing a secured and scalable enterprise-level data strategy, infrastructure, and analytics solution to meet the client’s requirements. Assists with building front-end applications such as reports, dashboards, and analytics, as well as solving database issues.
- Proficiency in Oracle 10g,11g, PL/SQL
- Proficient in understanding Data Models and relationships to be able to write complex queries
- Strong Analytical skills to triage performance issues and provide fixes/solutions
- Experience with SQL Developer, SQL Plus, Toad and/or other Oracle application tools
- Experience handling LOB objects
- Proven experience developing and performance tuning large scale enterprise database applications with high transactional volume
- Experience with Data Modeling (using tools like ER-Win), Data Migration and ETL processing using PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Experience in developing application scenarios, process flows/models, test cases and scripts
- Strong technical documentation ability
- Experience with code deployment in development, testing and production environments
- Ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements
- Active Secret Clearance, or ability to acquire one
- NoSQL, BigData, Hadoop working knowledge/experience
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Perl
- Experience developing web interfaces
- Experience developing and managing data warehousing solutions, dashboards, and scorecards
- Applicants must have a minimum of 10 years of experience with a BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar degree field.
- This position is contingent upon customer funding.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.