Sr Software Engineer I
The Surface Software Design and Development Department contributes to the success of Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) by providing NoDoubt™ software solutions throughout the product lifecycles on a variety of products for the United States Navy.
We need someone to become an integral part of the Software team on a large scale, Real Time Software System. The job responsibilities include maintaining, debugging and fixing problems of the SW application, as well as supporting integration efforts. You will need to work in a team environment that uses AGILE methodologies to develop new system capabilities. You will be called upon to analyze and resolve complex system integration challenges in both a lab and fielded environment, as needed, as well as communicate technical issues and recommend viable solutions or alternatives. You will need to work with general direction and effectively prioritize tasking to maintain consistency with organizational and program objectives. Ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required
- Minimum 4 years recent software development experience within design, development, test, or integration of system software components.
- Working and demonstrable Object Oriented Design & Development knowledge
- Application Development competency in either C++ or JAVA
Unix/Linux Operating System knowledge
- OOA/D,UML, Rational Rose
- Experience with ClearCase and ClearQuest
- Able to support basic Infrastructure services (builder, framework, shell)
- Software process, peer reviews, defect tracking, change control
- Data querying and analysis, scripting tools, automation
- Experience with IA hardening, STIGs, CCEVS, implementation of MAC controls, penetration testing, TCSEC, and TNI.
Experience with security policies on operating systems and network devices.
Required Education (including Major):
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or related STEM degree.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.