DevOps Engineer, Junior
Analyze and apply advanced software and systems methods, theories, and research techniques to the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems. Plan, conduct, and direct projects or major phases of significant projects and coordinate the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects. Analyze, evaluate, and plan methods of approach and organize the means to achieve solutions to complex technical problems. Conduct investigations and tests of considerable complexity, review literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects, review the project’s progress, and evaluate results. Recommend corrections to technical applications and analysis and specify the materials, equipment, and supplies required for the completion and implementation of technical projects. Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. Provide technical consultation to technical staff or other organizations. This position is located in Chantilly, VA.
- 1+ years of experience with supporting systems engineering efforts in system design and evaluation, solution engineering, software development, or system administration
- Knowledge of applications development and software
- Active Top Secret clearance required
- BA or BS degree
- Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Experience with working in an intelligence community environment
- Experience with configuring applications in Apache Tomcat
- Experience in a Linux or UNIX environment
- Knowledge of TCP/IP socket, FTP, SFTP, and other network protocols
- Knowledge of Agile development
- Knowledge of government contracting practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.