Agent - Lead Station Agent (Airport Ramp Service)
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Lead Agents conduct agent observations and associated activities. Leads are responsible for scheduling, manpower utilization as well as maintaining a safe, dependable and consistent operation. Administration of local training programs is the responsibility of a Lead Agent. Maintains supplies and inventory control logs as well as preparation of customer correspondence, investigates discrepancies, and compiles statistical data for reports. Leads assists management in the completion of administrative duties and acts as a company representative when assigned.
Lead Agents perform Station Agent work as required which includes performing a variety of tasks to keep our ground operations running smoothly, efficiently and on-time. Responsibilities may vary at each airport and may include customer service (above wing), ramp service (below wing) work, or a combination of both.
Station Agents perform a variety of tasks to keep our ground operations running smoothly, efficiently and on-time. Responsibilities may vary at each airport and may include customer service (above wing), ramp service (below wing) work, or a combination of both.
Station Agents assigned to the ramp service portion of our ground handling operation perform the loading and unloading of baggage, cargo, freight, and company materials on and off aircraft. These items are transported between terminals, aircraft and the bag room using belt-loaders, tugs, carts and other vehicles/equipment. Station Agents working on the ramp will also be responsible for marshaling aircraft which requires working closely with other personnel to ensure there is a safe path for the aircraft, the jetbridge, vehicles and equipment. Agents will clean and service cabin interiors, including seatback pockets, seat cushions, tray tables, overhead bins, cockpit, galley, and the lavatory which also include following procedures to properly drain the lavatory. Station Agents work in various kinds of weather elements and may be responsible for de-icing aircraft which requires using equipment to apply chemicals/compounds.
Station Agents working customer service functions may promote and sell air travel with American Airlines, Envoy and/or other contracted carriersJob Requirements
In this role, organization and interpersonal skills are necessary. The successful candidate must be comfortable organizing work groups and handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The ability to demonstrate above-average qualities of leadership, initiative, and judgment are essential.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties under sometimes stressful conditions beyond the employee’s control while attempting to influence a favorable impression of Envoy, American Airlines or any other contracted airline service provided by Envoy. Must be able to work with minimal supervision be self-motivated and safety conscious.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being eligible for this position
- Must be able to carry, bend, lift and turn with bags weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, days off, and be able to report to work on a regular and timely basis
- Requires flexibility to work additional hours beyond the regular shift, on short notice, and as needed due to operational necessity
- Must be able to perform all duties in various weather conditions and time constraints
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience
- Previous experience in a team-lead capacity
- Administrative background
- Above average attendance
- Some locations may desire previous airline experience including working knowledge of an airline’s ticketing system and/or ramp operations
Additional Position Details
- Tattoos, body piercings and/or tongue rings may not be visible while in company issued uniform at any time; tattoos cannot be covered with adhesive bandages or by other methods to render them not visible.
- The Company will pay fifty percent (50%) for the new hire employee’s first basic uniform set and the employee will pay fifty percent (50%) unless prohibited by local or state law.
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.Travel None/Not Specified