1. Purpose of the Position
2. Main Tasks
- The Applications Specialist will be responsible for field service and customer application support activites. He/She will respond to requests for technical information, will provide expert advice on appropriate applications for all KPC products as well as offering special solutions for unique applications.
2. Main Tasks
- Responds to customer requests for technical applications support.
- Provides support via phone, digital methods or on-site.
- Communicates support issues between customer and Road and Traffic Application Engineering or other applications as required.
- Identifies and recommends special solutions for unique applications.
- Provide “Special” solutions to unique applications and assists with customer proposals as required.
- Assists in developing sales strategies and objectives at major accounts, when required.
- Physical requirements: ability to work in a infrastructure lane closure 100% when traveling; ability to use telephone 30% of workday; ability to use a computer 80% of workday.
- Domestic and International overnight travel for customer support 50%-75%
- Provide “Special” solutions to unique applications and prepares customer proposals as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the application of transducers and associated electronics to measurement applications.
- Technical knowledge of transducers and associated electronics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate engineering discipline from an accredited four (4) year college; or
- Equivalent training and experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds