Staff Software Engineer - Embedded
Desired: Software DevelopmentCompTIA Advanced Security PractitionerEmbedded SoftwareCEHRMFJavaCISSPC/C++Cybersecurity
- Staff Embedded Software Engineer
- Having recent software development skills in C/C++/JAVA
- Having ability to identify and communicate impacts of a design change to a system’s overall cyber security posture
- Having experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) in a lead or supporting function
- Being a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Having hands on real-time embedded C development experience that includes recent lab activities integrating with, and debugging on target hardware.
- Having experience in developing in a multi-processor environment.
- Demonstrating a desire and the ability to learn a complex SW architecture and GPS user equipment.
- Being a self-starter, able to individually implement a wide variety of hands-on assignments through requirements, design, code, debug, unit and SW integration tests, and peer review.
- Having contributed to DOD type software documentation, such as requirements (SRS) and design (SAD).
- Demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working effectively under general supervision to consistently and accurately estimate and deliver individual assignments to plan.
- Knowing and continuously practices software best practices.
- Accountability • Respect
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
L3 is seeking a highly motivated Embedded Software Engineer with cyber security experience to join our Navigation Solutions software development team. Successful candidate will perform complex software engineering assignments requiring expertise covering a range of GPS and security domains within a team environment.
You will demonstrate success by:
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline
- 10-12 years of related professional experience, along with a passion to pursue a career in embedded software engineering.
Special Requirements: This position requires the ability to meet and maintain eligibility requirements for U.S. DoD SECRET security clearance. US citizenship is required.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.