Software Engineer 5
Our Space Park site in Redondo Beach provides space-enabled, secure communications capabilities in support of national objectives. We have exciting opportunities to work on cutting-edge space platforms, air platforms and defense and protective systems.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our diverse team, working on ground systems for a large restricted program.
This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA. The candidate will be responsible for interfacing with peer-level architects from both the Government and Industry Partners. Position will require in-depth understanding of ground software architectures with a focus on identifying potential paths forward toward modernization and resiliency of existing product-lines. Strong computer science background will be required to plan and execute these development efforts. Proven technical leadership experience will be required to provide top-level architectural direction and governance to the software development team.
Must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment, ability to interface with other groups within the project, well developed problem-solving skills, and ability to work within a dynamic environment. Works under general direction. Determines and develops technical solutions to complex problems independently.
Position is contingent upon receiving final SCI access.
- Current Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI access by start date.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 14 years related experience; Master’s degree in STEM discipline with 12 years related experience; PhD in STEM discipline with 9 years related experience
- Experience with JAVA, C/C++ on Linux-based systems
- Experience with scripting languages (csh, Perl, Python)
- Knowledge of computer languages, including C/ C++, and Java
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Previous ground experience highly desired
- Ideal candidates will have technical background in ground system design, software development, software integration & test, and requirements development and verification
- Proven strong end-to-end software and systems engineering skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvements, streamline activities, and develop effective processes
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Current SCI access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.