Application & Simulation Development Section Manager
Requisition ID: 42105
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation’s space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace is seeking an Application & Simulation Development Section Manager to join our Engineering Applications Department (EAD)! EAD develops a wide variety of software applications and performs analyses for engineering needs to support civil, commercial, and national security space systems.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and technical direction for the Application and Simulation Development section of the Engineering Applications Department
- Lead software development projects
- Follow department’s software development processes and monitor section’s compliance
- Identify, coordinate, and assign work activities to direct reports
- Monitor workloads and responsiveness to customers
- Hire qualified engineers to meet anticipated customer needs
- Provide support to organizational leadership in meeting corporate and group objectives
- Plan and direct activities related to employee development/mentoring
- Coordinate overall preparation and presentation of technical reports, briefings, and analyses prepared by section
- Complete annual performance reviews of direct reports
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related discipline is required
- 8 or more years of experience in software development, graphics, data visualization, simulations, cloud computing, high performance computing, or software engineering is typical
- 5 or more years of project leadership and/or management experience is typical
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experienced practitioner/leader of an Agile software development methodology
- Experienced following structured software development processes
- Current on latest software technologies
- Experienced software architect
- Supports strategic planning and execution of department goals with a team oriented approach
- Demonstrates self-motivation and willingness to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experienced mentor
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: MANAGER-ENGRG
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.