Data Operations Analyst
TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year.
We are currently looking for a Data Operations Analyst to join Thales in Irvine, CA. This position supports the data management and analysis for the Product Engineering department. This individual will be responsible for analyzing data which supports production yields, customer returns through data acquisition, data refreshes, metric development, custom reports and charts, 1st level pareto analysis, root cause/corrective action development, and data research to ensure completeness and quality of the data for the Product Engineering Department.
- Ensures data environment is refreshed timely and accurately according to production schedule.
- Supports and interacts with the product engineering & RMA teams to gather and analyze business requirements for metrics collection.
- Supports other team members with complex data issues, as required.
- Analysis and generation of operational data for management presentations and proposals (i.e., corporate metrics).
- Maintain and support SQL database operations with data transactions. Prepare reports using data extracted from SQL database.
- Provide to reports to Operations management.
- Work with process owners to coordinate process changes and determine best practices.
- Practice and reinforce lean culture through 5S, continuous improvement, and workshops, as necessary.
- Analyzes and proposes improvements to existing SQL databases for production and RMA group and/or proposes new databases to replace current manual processes.
Travel up to 5% locally within Thales Irvine Campus.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years of work experience and/or training, or equivalent work experience.
- SAP experience required; experience with SAP version 2.1 or newer preferred.
- Data mining and data analysis experience required.
- Must be proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- SQL database applications experience desired.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively before groups of customers, employees or management of organization.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and interact with cross-functional teams.
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.