Quality Control Inspector - CMM Operator/Programmer
This position is for a Quality Control Inspector and CMM Operator located at our manufacturing and testing facility in Boerne, TX. The qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting a variety of inspection functions performed at various internal locations (including in a climate controlled inspection lab, at machines on the shop floor, at testing benches, and will also maintain the supporting documentation. These functions include operating Zeiss CMMs, performing hand tool inspections, preparing inspection reports consistent with company and industry formats, preparing and presenting product for sale to Government Source Inspectors and offering technical support to internal quality, manufacturing and engineering personnel. The main role and purpose of this position is to ensure our product meets our customers expectations and is able to ship in a timely manner.Job Requirements:
Job Requirements and Qualifications:Knowledge
- Higher level education preferred
- 5 years QC and CMM experience minimum
- Experience measuring tight tolerance parts, aerospace components preferred
- Experience with Aerospace Quality Systems preferred (AS9100)
- Knowledge of Calibration standards, techniques, and software
- Comprehensive knowledge of Geometry, Trigonometry, and GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
Work Eligibility (ITAR): U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
To apply for this position, apply online at www.thomasinstrument.com and include the job title and requisition number in the subject line.
Thomas Instrument is an EEO employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, medical condition (GINA), or disability.
Skills and Duties
- Present inspection and test data to Government Source Inspectors and other customer representatives for the purpose of finalizing the sale of product.
- Utilize metrological hand tools (calipers, micrometers, alignment gages, thread gages, etc.) to verify dimensional conformance to design requirements.
- Utilize Zeiss/Calypso measurement software and employ the use of a CMM to verify high precision data points.
- Produce Inspection Reports using MS Excel, Inspection Xpert and other equivalent software.
- Read, understand, and interpret technical drawings, schematics, computer-generated reports, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing drawings and specifications.
- Determine appropriate setups and measurement protocols to validate the accuracy of exacting characteristics (e.g. angles, sizes and linear dimensions).
- Compute and/or calculate dimensional data and other pertinent information from technical drawings, work orders, and manufacturing instructions.
- Ensure inspections are properly performed by others during in-process checks and appropriate documentation and inspection reports are current and complete.
- Clean and maintain test equipment and instruments and certify precision instruments meet standards.
- Perform calibrations and maintian ‘current’ status of supporting records.Coordinate with other departments to ensure that all processes (including certification, configuration control, document control, purchase order management, material/receiving control, etc.) are fully compliant, auditable and meet/exceed all regulatory and company requirements.
- Perform support and facilities duties as instructed by supervisor and other supervisory staff.
- Ability to analyze problematic situations, seek relevant data, diagnose information in order to solve problems and generalize alternative methods to identify the best possible solution.
- Ability to effectively interface with customers, team members and individuals in technical discussions and solutions.
- Abilility to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments; flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to accept, learn and adapt to new technology.
- Ability to respond to, anticipate and manage change.
- Ability to listen, write, and speak to convey information effectively.
- Ability to operate a CMM and electronic height gage, optical comparator, profilometer, sine plate, and standard inspection tools used for dimensional inspection.