Data and Applications Analyst*∞ (Maplewood, MN)
3M is seeking a Data and Applications Analyst for the Lean Six Sigma Operations Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Job Summary :
The person hired for the position of Data and Applications Analyst will leverage their strong analytical and technical skills to help develop and deliver unique content, design and deploy solutions in Office 365 and help mine intranet web data. This individual must have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy. This candidate will be able to leverage past experiences in an analyst/engineering role to help make applications and data more usable and accessible.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Gather and interpret data from disparate data sources to solve complex problems and evaluate scenarios to help support decision making
- Build visualizations of results or requests to clearly articulate outcomes to the users at all levels
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Understand business requirements, convert them into technical solutions and deliver solutions incrementally
- Develop and maintain Lean Six Sigma Operations 3M Go(SharePoint) sites including maintenance of libraries, posting content, and access model
- Assist others in the creation and maintenance of site content, site pages, and graphics that meet publication standards
- Manage the 3M brand strategy standards for Lean Six Sigma sites
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with data, reporting and/or analytics in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum two (2) years of experience developing and maintaining SharePoint sites and Office 365 applications (e.g. Microsoft Flow, designing site pages, organizing information, and/or publishing images)
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with SQL or other data querying methods
- Minimum one (1) year of experience building content or configuring applications in Office 365
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining
- Experience in technical writing and editing
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (minitab, jmp, SAS, R)
- Experience with Azure cloud services (e.g. PowerBI, SQL Server)
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma or manufacturing field
Location: Maplewood, MN
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees’ U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company’s sole election.