Employer: APA Services
Position: CNC Machine Operator
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Equipment Operator, Machinist
Job Type: Contract
Hours: Full Time
Minimum Exp Req'd: 2 years
Degree Required: High School
Manages Others: No
CNC Machine Operator
Applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge to set up and operate a numerical control machine to cut, shape, or form metallic and nonmetallic work pieces to specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews setup sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Enters commands to retrieve pre-programmed machine instructions from database and machine control console.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Adjusts machine feed and speed, changes cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years’ experience running a CNC machine
- Able to lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below or visit apaconstantcash.com. Visit us at apaconstantcash.com to register, refer and start earning today.