Sr Technician, Help Desk
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting for software applications loaded on desktop and laptop computers that communicate to/from the application servers and third party support agencies.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to support of related systems.
- Provides end-user guidance and instruction to install and configure application software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 3-5 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
MUST have experience with one or more of the following is required:
- Air Force Way (AFWay)
- Automated Civil Engineer System (ACES)
- Aviation Resources Management System (ARMS)
- Combat Ammunition System (CAS)
- Cargo Movement Operations System (CMOS)
- Enterprise Solutions-Supply (ES-S)
- Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS)
- Interim Work Information Management System (IWIMS)
- Logistics Module (LOGMOD)
- Next Generation Information Technology (NexGen)
- Online Vehicle Interactive Management System (OLVIMS)
- Security Forces Management Information System (SFMIS)
- Standard Base Supply System (SBSS)
Experience with Air Force, DoD, the Field Assistance Service (FAS), or similar program highly preferred.
Experience with transportation & freight cost management, logistics, supply chain and or operations processes and systems highly preferred.
Experience in providing technical support and troubleshooting network, desktop and/or systems hardware and software.
Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
Effective Customer Service and managing skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally.
Strong written and verbal English language skills.
Willing to work shift work, overtime, holidays and weekends when necessary.
Must have an ACTIVE Secret-Level clearance and ability to maintain such clearance.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.