IT Support Specialist Intern
- The Information Technology IT Support Specialist Intern ensures day-to-day operation of the information technology infrastructures including desktops
- Local User setup request
- Setup Network shares
- Ability to document understand IP addressing, port configuration and protocol utilization
- Support Security System for Morpho readers, server and controller
- End User Support E-mail
- Support and deploy Printers – MFP and Stand Alone – Print Server
- Configure and support Wireless – Wi-Fi
- Support on-going projects
- Order, Setup and deploy cell phone
- -SAP, M-Files - Enovia and other Engineering applications
- Microsoft Office
- Must be able to support Windows desktop environment
- Restore computers
- Work with shop floor requires safety shoes and goggles
- Work with office environment
- Ability to transfer data user data from one PC to another PC
- Install standard applications according to written instructions such as Adobe Pro, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, upgrade Office
- Ability to image a PC with Windows, Post install of Windows install additional standard applications according to company instructions.
- Must communicate with Safran Electronics & Defense and Safran (France)
- Briefs suggestions as appropriate on situations requiring changes in resources, impacts
- Must be flexible with work hours as French support personnel may only be available during early PST and/or CST times
- Is responsible for work that involves the design, documentation, modification, testing,
- Evaluates new applications and network software technologies.
- Must use Service Now / AutoMate (LabTech – Red Phone) for help desk management
- Work with vendors and inside/outside resources
- Must exercise good judgement, will have access to sensitive information
- Must keep an organized and presentable work area
- Must present a professional appearance and approach to customer support
- Working on a degree / diploma / certificate in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of IT experience
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ’Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- General computer skills installing an operating system and applications
- Manage Active Directory, Print Server, Perform Backups
- Proficient with Microsoft: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio
- Thorough attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Exhibits clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple concurrent assignments
- Works and communicates effectively at all organizational levels and across functional areas
- The employee maybe required to work beyond normal working hours from time to time as the workload dictates.
- Excellent communication and client liaison skills
- Ability read and follow instructions in English
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.