Weekend A&P Mechanic
*** PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IF YOU SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION SUCCESSFULLY, YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION E-MAIL IN A MATTER OF MINUTES. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ONE, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO HR@flyhaa.com***
Hillsboro Aero Academy is looking to hire a Weekend A&P Mechanics in its Las Vegas campus.
The weekend A&P Fleet Mechanic position offers hands-on experience on a variety of airplane and helicopter models including Cessna, Piper and Robinson in a fast-paced shop environment. This position is a great opportunity to gain knowledge and improve your skills while working as part of a shop team in support of the company’s flight operations. The ability to meet challenges thoughtfully and quickly with a safety focus is essential. Flexible schedule and advancement opportunities are available. The company also offers factory schooling after two years of proven performance.
- Prioritize and organize work flow and perform repairs and maintenance in accordance with applicable FAA regulations and manufacturer’s instructions
- Maintain a high quality standard for the shop environment, tools and records
- Must be able to use common sense and problem-solving skills when performing repairs, inspections and maintenance for optimum efficiency
- Willingness to work overtime
- Current A&P license
- Inspection Authorization
- Shadowing tool box
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years general aviation experience
- Previous Fleet maintenance experience
- 3+ years GA experience on single and twin-engine airplanes and light helicopters
- Cessna, Piper and Robinson experience preferred
- Full Time position
- Expected number of hours worked per week: 40
- 20$/hr+ depending on experience
About Hillsboro Aero Academy
Hillsboro Aero Academy is one of the largest, multi-campus airplane and helicopter flight schools in the United States, headquartered in Oregon. Our real world environment, decades of quality training experience, and personalized approach has helped prepare thousands of students from the US and around the world to become airplane and helicopter career pilots. The first flight training academy to receive IS-BAO accreditation for its safety management system, Hillsboro Aero Academy maintains an on-campus fleet of 72 airplanes and 24 helicopters to the highest safety standards. We are focused on ensuring that every student at Hillsboro Aero Academy is successful in achieving their individual goals in a safe, professional and supportive environment. We have aspirational plans for the future, are poised for growth and supported by a team that is quality- focused, dedicated and ambitious.
Hillsboro Aero Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F