Customer Service Account Manager
Based in Tempe, AZ, Harter is a global aerospace maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) organization, licensed and certified by FAA, EASA, and CAAC, that performs inspection, testing, repair, and overhaul services on a variety of aircraft components. Harter Aerospace is comprised of strong technical and engineering support teams. The hallmarks of the Arizona based company are reflected in our associates’ focus, tenacity, and attention to detail with a strong commitment to customer service. Our facilities are equipped with a full range of state-of-the-art testing systems that are 100 percent compatible with OEM testing equipment. Every component inspected, repaired or overhauled, fulfills our customers’ stringent requirements. Harter Aerospace is a subsidiary of HEICO Corporation - a highly reputable organization within the aerospace industry that encompasses multiple business units and operations, servicing nearly every essential system, sub-system, component, and spare part operating in the aviation industry today.
HEICO Corporation is a successful and growing technology-driven aerospace, industrial, defense and electronics company. For more than 60 years, HEICO has thrived by providing customers with innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s products are found on large commercial aircraft, regional, business and military aircraft, as well as on a large variety of industrial turbines, targeting systems, missiles and electro-optical devices. HEICO Corporation is a New York Stock Exchange listed company (NYSE: HEI and HEI.A) and has also been ranked as one of the 100 "World’s Most Innovative Growth Companies", 100 "Best Small Companies" and 200 "Hot Shot Stocks" by Forbes over the past decade. With headquarters in Hollywood, Florida, and multiple locations around the world - HEICO provides over 1 million square feet of design, manufacturing, repair, overhaul, distribution, sales and support capabilities.
Harter Aerospace’s Customer Service team is looking for an experienced, energetic, and ambitious Customer Service Account Manager to help support our customers and grow the business. This position is focused on having a close relationship with customers and is the front line to delivering a 5-star customer experience. This will be done by providing customer support via phone, e-mail, web request and through direct customer interactions. The candidate will have assigned accounts for which he/she will maintain contact and work cross functionality on behalf of the customer. This will include responding to quotations received from customers based on contractual pricing agreements, dynamic pricing methods, coordinating with repair shop personnel to ensure quoted prices are honored and achieved, and providing routine status updates to customers on the status of their in-house repair orders and expected ship dates. In a fast-paced production environment, the CS Account Manager is an integral part of all production processes. The goal is to ensure that production processes deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner, and according to customer and contractual requirements. Candidates must be exceptional in a very "hands-on" working environment.
Customer Service Account Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a point of contact for assigned customer accounts during all phases of production.
- Generate price and workscope quotes for assigned accounts after technician’s evaluation of customer components, and submit quotes to customers for approval.
- Field all questions and concerns from customers regarding quotes, status updates, ESD’s, price negotiations, technical clarification, etc...
- Maintain status reports for in-house components and provide routine updates to customers and internal departments.
- Coordinate workflow processes internally between various departments and personnel, such as Purchasing, Materials, Shipping/Receiving, Accounting, Shop Leads and Techs, Sales Directors & Representatives., and management.
- Assist with RFP responses that are correct, complete, adhere to specific customer requirements, and depict Harter’s value proposition to meet the proposal terms, conditions and specifications.
- Assist with identifying and managing contract changes, and coordinates resolution of contract issues internally and, if applicable, with external customers.
- Ensure quotes and contract administration activities are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
- Attend routing meetings with internal departments and production personnel to analyze and update workflow priorities; provide recommendations based on customer’s urgency and contract requirements.
- Manage priorities and document all support inquiries in the Quantum and Access database in a clear and concise manner.
- Optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing costs through highly efficient pricing and quoting practices; maximize profitability, while maintaining pricing at competitive levels and within market bearing limitations, all while ensuring contractual requirements are upheld
- Effectively monitor backlogs and incoming workloads.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Two-year degree (any field).
- Experience in customer service and/or customer account management, preferably in the aviation industry.
- Ability to create strong interpersonal relationships with customers built on trust, patience, and honesty;
- Consistently project a positive and energetic attitude during each and every interaction with customers.
- Skillful user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) applications.
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments and meet critical deadlines.
- Understand and analyze profit margins based on labor and materials costing aspects.
- Comprehend complex operations and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with a data results driven approach.
- Proven creative and problem-solving ability with solid work ethic.
- Demonstrated success in a team environment; Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Occasionally work overtime based on department workload and production requirements.
- Read and write English fluently.
- Bachelor’s degree (any field).
- Experience working in a FAA licensed part 145 MRO, airline, and/or parts broker.
- General knowledge of FAA regulations and guidance.
- Experience using the Quantum database is a strong plus.
- Prior service in US military branch is a strong plus.
- Multilingual in various Spanish and/or Asian languages is a plus.
**Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Out-of-state candidates will be considered, but with the full understanding that, if selected, relocation costs will be at the expense of the candidate.