Manufacturing Technician I, Packaging (3rd Shift)
About Thermo Fisher Scientific :
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In this role, you will operate a variety of processing and packaging equipment to manufacture cell culture media in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
Hours: 3rd Shift, Monday - Friday, 10:30pm - 7:00am
Scope of Role:
In the Operator I role you will be expected to complete routine and/or standardized tasks with an emphasis on repeatable processes, including:
- Following SOPs to perform repetitive tasks
- Escalating all deviations to the Lead/Supervisor
- Interacting within a team
In this role you may complete some or all of the following duties:
- Operate processing and packaging equipment to manufacture cell culture media. Equipment includes mixers, mills, blenders, pumps, filtration systems, and packaging equipment.
- Weigh, measure and check raw materials with assistance of computer interface to assure batches manufactured contain proper materials and quantities.
- Calibrate/operate semi-automated and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Perform in-process sampling and testing to assure batches meet specification.
- Follow all safe practices and SOP’s.
- Complete and maintain Quality Records in compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP’s and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain equipment and rooms in proper operating condition and proper cleanliness requirements.
- Perform activities in a controlled environment up to and including classified clean room conditions.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
General understanding of machinery and mechanics is required. Strong attention to detail required.
Experience working with a strong focus on quality of product required. Prior experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is preferred. Knowledge of computer applications and current software is desirable.
Works in a controlled manufacturing environment; is required to lift up to 50 lbs. and may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with materials and equipment. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts. Various levels of gowning are required.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.