Interior Designer - Senior - Workplace
Senior Interior Designer
Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 45+ offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
As a Gensler Senior Interior Designer, you are passionate about your craft and combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. You have exceptional conceptual design skills, a background in architecture or design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts. You are an integral member of the design team who itches to contribute a point of view and craves participation in conceptual thought process and design exploration. With you as part of our team, interiors have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
- Team leader of interior design projects that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Engage in marketing and business development efforts
- Mentor and motivate your team
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Integrate new technology and tools on projects (AR, VR, computational design, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 12+ years of interior design experience of varying project types
- Proficient in Revit, SketchUp, 3D Studio Max and other modeling software programs
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- NCIDQ/CID required
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.