Senior Commercial Pricing & Cost Analyst
This is an Evergreen Requirement used to target candidates for future Cubic Opportunities.
This role is the financial point of contact for major tender responses and advises on smaller tender responses within the region. Supporting new and harvested proposals, this role will deliver timely cost and price analysis in conjunction with a detailed financial calculation of the estimates provided. The role will be working alongside varied disciplines within a large matrix structured organization, from front line employees up to mid-level management. This role is positioned as an integral part of the business and will assist in the ongoing development and implementation of program cost control goals, policies and procedures ensuring seamless transition from tender to actual delivery. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and presents complex Excel modeling that includes both costing and pricing sheets.
- Ensures correct financial applications are given to estimates to produce accurate costing and pricing.
- Supports most phases of cost proposal preparation and evaluation including the preparation of review materials.
- Working closely with the business to collect relevant information (both qualitative and quantitative), populates the numerous models and sanitizes the data.
- Performs various analysis including scenario analysis, ‘what if’ comparisons, sensitivity analysis, Price to Win, NPVs, IRRs, KPI calculations. Develops financial models on an ad-hoc basis.
- Contributes to the creation and management of first class data systems and metrics to support the estimation process and price analysis.
- Considers commercial issues and works closely with the Contracts team.
- Considers scoping issues and works closely with project estimators and project management.
- Responsible for the transfer of financial knowledge of the bid to the project finance team.
- Assists the Project Accounting team with ongoing analysis deliverables (after securing job).
- Works closely with the Program Scheduling team and insures costs line up with a resource loaded schedule, along with ensuring a direct linkage to the cost model once the job is secured.
- Ensures all cost and pricing decisions are documented and controlled.
- Leads and coordinates across key business unit and Corporate subject matter experts to address entirety of RFT requirements, terms and performance requirements.
- Partakes in key interaction with Finance Project Accounting role, supporting the capture of critical business planning and reporting data.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four year college degree in Commerce/Finance/Accounting or related discipline and a minimum of four years of relevant experience required. Incumbent must be computer literate with advanced Excel skills (Macro Level) and PowerPoint. Experience in project based accounting and project commercial matters required. Must have experience in proposal gateway process and a thorough understanding of business priorities and requirements; will be hands-on with all disciplines and have a thorough understanding of the details. Must have commercial acumen and be able to cope with change and conflicting demands, maintaining appropriate priorities. Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills and understanding of organizational behavior, as well as excellent time management and organizational skills, are required. Attention to detail and accuracy are necessary for this job. Experience in an engineering, project-based work environment is preferred. An understanding of SOX and US GAAP preferred. Some domestic travel would be required. US Citizenship is required for this role due to the role having access to ITAR data and working on a cleared site.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.Worker Type: