Associate Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Job Summary: The Associate Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will help deliver the quality and performance of large scale, big data, custom hardware multi-platform software products. Incumbents in this position will be experienced, hands on and self-motivated engineer who can work collaboratively in a continuous integration environment. This role will involve working closely with Software Developers that includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product . The incumbent will focus on contributing to the development of automated Functional and Non-Functional (Performance) Integration tests and End-to-end tests through open source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains functional and performance automated test cases, executes test suites, reviews and diagnoses reported bugs, and ensures overall system quality prior to a customer release.
- Designs, develops, maintains, and troubleshoots automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value added feedback.
- Works with the engineering teams to derive testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Reproduces, debugs, and isolates problems and verifies fixes.
- Works closely with software developers to create software artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports.
- Represents team leadership and provides technical guidance and training to junior test personnel.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or relevant equivalent)
- Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
- Experience in test framework design and development
- Hands-on experience with Linux and Windows a plus.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality and test automation.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills. Able to work cross functional areas with internal partner engineering teams in a disciplined agile environment.
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems a plus.
- Experience with tools & applications (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git and Artifactory/Maven).
- Experience with automated testing of micro-service based applications would be a big plus
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.Worker Type: